Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I haven't written anything in a while, and I still have visitors here. awesome. :-)

I've been fairly good. Worked all year, did well in school, and I graduated with a Master's degree. yaay!

One of the things that's been on my mind lately is the impending big 2-5! I'm turning 25 in a month. O.M.G. Where have all the years gone? The character in one of my favorite books 'Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe' says something to the effect of "You spend your childhood waiting to grow up but the moment you hit your twenties the years go by like a fast train to Memphis" (I forget the exact words here)

Remember the time when the highlight of the day was when you just wanted to go and 'play' with your friends after school? When it was a big deal that you were allowed to stay up late and eat ice cream on Saturday nights. We dint have video games other than that nintendo(?) where we fought for the controls to play Mario. Another fond memory I have is when my cousins and I used to play 'tent'. We would arrange four chairs in a circle and spread a large sheet over it. I don't really understand the fascination of sitting under it and playing/fighting/arguing, but I guess it was a lot of fun! Or the time my little brother fell down and scraped the skin off his nose that bled all over the place and I cried more than him. Or how about the time my cousins taught me my first cuss words.

But my love-hate relationship with pepsi/coke/all forms of soda hasn't changed.

4 comments:

Zaradin said...

We used to call tent 'House House'! I think repeating words made the game MORE important!

Ne said...

And the 'choppu set' =) <isn't that what it's called?

Gradwolf said...

How come you turn 25 the same year I do? Oh.My.God! :P

Ne said...

They packed me off to school a year early I think. :P