Wednesday, December 17, 2008

the countdown?

Ok, so the countdown has officially begun.. to going home this December. I never ever thought I'd look forward to going home so much. I mean, I'm pretty happy here, I've set a (non)routine for myself, managing decently -school and work. Most of the desi people here literally LIVE for going home. A trip to India is accompanied by 'wow's and 'awesommmme' and other similar adjectives. Beats me. If they dot want to be here, then why are they? I mean might as well go home right? If they think home is THAT awesome, then why did they leave? Did anyone force them to come here? I always feel whatever conscious choice is made should be taken as a learning experience. By complaining and whining, nothing is going to change, or help. And if it is something that CAN be helped, the bloody well do it!

As for me, I guess I'm missing family the most. And my friends, whom I've grown up with. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again. After this very eventful summer, I need some love from the parental unit and the friends, not to mention the brother. Who is growing taller every minute.I guess I am going to miss my life here. And I'm more confused than ever. Im hoping my trip home can answer some questions and make a few things clearer.

So here's to chennai'ness..Walks on the beach,Nana's biryani, shopping at the silver shops at spencer's plaza, late night ice cream at freez zone and snow field, pani puri and gangotree, stay overs at friends place, home made yoghurt, spending time with cousins, fighting for the TV remote with the brother,being woken up at 8 30 AM for the maid to sweep the floor, Amma yelling 'lei lei leyyyi*' in the mornings..and last but not the least.. my room and my bed! :-)


*wake up wake up wakkkkkke up!!

13 comments:

Nikhilesh Murthy said...

Welcome back Negaaaaa...... :) There is truly no place liek home.....

Nikhilesh Murthy said...

I meant 'like'...

Bg said...

:)take care & have fun.when r u leaving?

Ne said...

@nik -Thanks! :)

@BG - Im leaving next friday! Are you still at TX?

Rainman said...

Enjoy your vacation! And good luck driving! ;-)

Gradwolf said...

Go to Gangotri and have Aloo Tikki.

Go to Saravana Bhavan and have 14 Idli

Go to Movenpick and have anything

Drive to bessy at 6 am.

And many more. But, do this. Ok?Ok.

Ne said...

@brat - thanks! :)

@gradwolf - DONE. but 14 idlies? um. I think i'll stop at 3..with a lot of chutney,sambar and podi!

i think therefore i am said...

ur thots are exactly similar to mine!! As I keep saying.. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head asking them to love here right..


Eat a couple of pani puris at Gangotree for me..

Ne said...

@i think - Tell me about it.I hear complaining and whining almost everyday. And just a couple? How about 5? :D

i think therefore i am said...

enjoy..sure..

Saranga... said...

happy chennainesss to ya :)

have fun!!

Schmetterling said...

most importantly - bring me back earrings :-)

Ne said...

@sarang - for sure! :)

@schmetterling - LOL. of course!