Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I really don't know what to say when I read this today.

All that needs to be done to avoid such incidents is basic safety precautions. A small sign saying "Please do not cross the tracks" does not suffice. Thousands of people commute by the local trains everyday. We used to travel to and from college by train. I confess I did cross the tracks a couple of times but most of the time I made it a point to use the over head bridge. This is really scary, especially since I know people who took to crossing the rail tracks all the time completely neglecting the over head bridge.

I really can't do anything much sitting all the way here, but I would like to put my 2 cents worth and tell everyone..Please use the foot bridge when you travel by the local trains in chennai.

3 comments:

Rainman said...

Fines must be strictly imposed for crossing tracks, for anyone in Madras to take this seriously. However, the former isn't likely to happen, thereby making the latter even more unlikely to happen. Unfortunate, yet true!

Ne said...

@brat - Its just really sad so hear such things.especially something like this that can be avoided.

Bg said...

really sad